· Bamboo grows naturally in biologically diverse forests throughout southeast Asia,
South and Central America, and the Caribbean.
· They are found in diverse climates, from cold mountains to hot tropical regions.
· There are 91 genera and about 1,000 species of bamboo.
· Bamboo stands release 35% more oxygen than equivalent stands of tree
· Bamboo can also lower light intensity and protects against ultraviolet rays.
· Bamboo is one of the strongest building materials, tensile strength is 28,000 pounds per
square inch versus 23,000pounds per square inch for steel.
· Some bamboo can sequester up to 12 tons of carbon dioxide from the air per hectare.